This Asian inspired salad packs a ton of flavor and nutrition, not to mention it is visually stunning. Full of protein, beta carotene, and antioxidants, this great tasting salad will become a week night go-to. Have it as a side dish or as an entree topped with grilled shrimp or fish! Asian Asparagus and Edamame Salad Written By: PreviMedica Culinary Advisors Ingredients: For the Salad:
- 1 bunch of asparagus, woody ends trimmed off and sliced very fine into small coins
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 cup edamame, steamed and cooled
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 2 Tbsp. organic soy sauce or organic tamari
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all of the salad ingredients into a large bowl.
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well. Pour dressing over salad and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in the sesame seeds.
- Chill before consuming for at least two hours.
Megan Huard, Chef RD and Stefanie Gates, chef, are regular contributors to our blog and culinary advisors for PreviMedica. They enjoy developing recipes and creating cooking videos to share with our readers, as well as working one-on-one with our clients to teach them valuable cooking skills. You can learn more about them here and here.